In this Jam Session, I sit with a successful entrepreneur, Mark Scuderi. Mark shares a story of how his business survived the housing market crash of 2008, and how he came out of it stronger, both professionally and personally.
This episode was recorded just prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, and while the housing market crash pales in comparison, you will hear Mark talk about how that experience changed how he runs his business, leads his team, and manages his personal life. Perhaps there are some lessons that you can walk away with and apply to your current situation today.
- Mark’s “Four F’s” to running a thriving business: Family first, Fitness second, Finance third, and you have to have a little Fun
- The importance of holding a weekly “mastermind group” with your team
- Keep your teams looking towards the future
- Remind your teams about the importance of staying positive in difficult situations
- Sales is all about mindset and attitude
- Maximize efficiencies by integrating new technology into your business
- Consistently reinvest in your people, systems, and processes so the business will take care of itself
- As a leader, it’s important to know that your ambitions are not the same as everyone else’s