Hiring top talent to fill your some of your most important roles comes with all sorts of challenges. In this Jam Session panel episode, I talk with seasoned sales leaders Glen Witwer, Paul Johnston, and John Fisher about the good, the bad, and the ugly sides of hiring top talent.
- Focusing on behavioral questions helps you to understand the “why” and “fit”
- The value of making the interviewee comfortable vs. intimidating them
- What to look for in resumes
- Remember, the interview process is a two-way street. Top candidates will and should interview the hiring manager as well
- As a hiring manager, how you represent yourself as an interviewer is a reflection on you as well as the organization
- The advantages of involving your employees to help you interview
- Does a brag book still offer value?
- Avoid the temptation or caving into the pressure of settling by hiring a warm body
- Move beyond references by using your network and social media to research candidates
- Sometimes, you just need to listen to what your gut is telling you!