In this episode, I sit with Anthony “AJ” Vaughan, an entrepreneur with a keen focus on people development. AJ works with start-up organizations by helping them mobilize employee experience and drive true change with senior leadership through innovative strategies, and an out of the box approach to HR.
- Don’t allow your ego to get in the way of your employee needs
- Two concepts that help drive employee engagement: succession planning and career mapping
- Employee development is just as critical to success for small businesses as it is for large corporations
- Consistently sit down with your employees to have a development discussion
- When you focus on meeting the needs of your employees, they will in turn, focus on meeting your needs
- Create channels of communication that reach all of your employees to ensure their recommendations and voices are heard