What does it mean to be an authentic leader? And how can you develop that mindset?
Today’s guest is Sean Georges, a former Marine Corps officer who graduated with distinction from the United States Naval Academy and currently serves as a Senior Vice President and General Counsel for a publicly traded company.
Sean’s experiences during his years in the Marine Corps provided him with a vast repertoire of valuable leadership insights and team-building skills.
However, one of the most profound lessons Sean has learned on authentic leadership springs from the story of a near-fatal car accident involving his daughter. He witnessed the power of teamwork towards accomplishing a shared mission embodied in the bold actions of the rescue team.
In this episode of the Leadership Jam Session Podcast, we’ll discuss what lies at the heart of genuine leadership, the difference between managing and leading, and how to develop an authentic leadership mindset.
– Episode intro (00:00)
– What inspired Sean’s message (01:15)
– Leadership lessons from Sean’s daughter’s car accident (03:39)
– How to develop authentic leadership (07:52)
– Your job as a leader is not to have the answer (16:10)
– What is my best and highest role? (24:00)
– What the essence of authentic leadership is (25:12)
How are the leaders at all levels of management tackling the toughest challenges each day? Learn more at: https://sartoleadershipgroup.com