In this episode I sit with Martine Kalaw, MPA. Martine is an Organizational Development expert, author, speaker, and a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) consultant and trainer for corporate executives with more than a decade of experience increasing the performance and productivity of fortune 500 companies and tech startups. We discuss her latest book, The ABCs of Diversity: A Manager’s Guide to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the New Workplace.
- Challenges Human Resource departments have with DEI (1:53)
- Why DEI has to a business imperative (3:20)
- Much of DEI is already being done by you, the manager, and it starts with the basics of leadership (11:46)
- Widening your talent pool (19:30)
- Free DEI Masterclass for Human Resource professionals: https://martinekalaw.com/masterclass/
- Book: The ABC’s of Diversity: A Manager’s Guide to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the New Workplace