In this episode, I sit with Dr. Matt Sowcik, Assistant Professor of Leadership Education at the University of Florida, and author of a new book titled, “The H Factor: The intersection between humility and great leadership”. Dr. Matt and I talk about humility as key factor in leadership, some of its underpinnings, and how to overcome the widely felt notion that having humility in leadership is a sign of weakness.
- Three things can fly in the face of humility – our apprehension to be imperfect, to be incomplete, and that we are permanent
- There is a sweet spot where we can be seen as not overconfident as leaders, but we’re not underconfident either
- Humility is that characteristic that brings us to the middle. It’s our counterbalancing trait
- Things that help us develop humility is our experiences and our ability to reflect, make changes, and grow
- Humility helps you realize the importance of others
- Book – The H Factor: The intersection between humility and great leadership”, Matthew Sowcik, Ph.D. https://www.amazon.com/H-Factor-intersection-between-humility-leadership-ebook/dp/B0B5FSSVCY/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2QBN401U36BGZ&keywords=the+H+factor&qid=1657370968&sprefix=the+h+factor%2Caps%2C82&sr=8-1