In this episode, I sit with Edgar Butler Jr. Edgar is a seasoned leader with a background in the insurance industry. Edgar is also a leadership and employee development coach and author of Clarify, Construct, and Control Your Career. We discuss Edgar’s early days that shaped and molded his leadership style with great tips and a framework for leading your people.
- Manage process. Lead people
- Help your teams by putting them in the best position to create success for themselves while achieving company goals
- Your team, individually, wants to know you care about them
- The words you use with your team, and about your team, really do matter so choose wisely
- We’re pouring (ourselves) into individuals because we want to understand who they are as people
- We’re pulling the ‘greater’ out of people especially when they may not be hitting the mark
- We’re pushing because we see the potential in them to go on and become successful