In this episode, I sit with Tim McElderry, a Director of Commercial Leadership Training in the biopharmaceutical industry. Tim shares his leadership journey, including the creation of his personal leadership model, and how he intends to apply his expertise in leadership in a bid for public office.
- Tim’s leadership journey started with a transition from a successful commercial sales leader career to commercial leadership development
- He created a personal leadership model based on qualities (work ethic, humility, attitude, team first) and behaviors (caring, clear expectations, higher purpose, lead by example, connecting)
- Tim emphasizes the importance of connecting with individuals to understand their intrinsic motivators, a skill he has honed in leadership.
- He sees running for public office as a growth opportunity and a way to apply his leadership skills to benefit his community
- Tim’s leadership model serves as the foundation for his campaign platform, focusing on connecting with constituents and addressing local issues with a leadership-oriented approach